Japan Gold Corp.’s leadership team has long recognized Japan’s prospectivity for gold. When Japan’s mining laws were changed in 2012 to re-activate the mining industry, Japan Gold moved quickly to review historical data and identify key exploration targets, and was the first foreign exploration company to apply for prospecting rights.
Japan Gold chose to focus its exploration activities in Japan for a number of reasons:
- Japan is one of the most stable and corruption-free jurisdictions in the world
- Significant historical gold production with good grades and five +1 Moz deposits
- Sumitomo’s Hishikari mine, one of the world’s richest gold mines has produced 7.8 Moz of gold to date at an average grades of 30-40 g/t Au and is still in production today. Japan hosts at least 6 epithermal gold provinces including five +1 million ounce deposits.
- Underexplored terrain with an absence of competition
- Revised mining law demonstrates government commitment to developing Japan’s resources
- Well established and transparent mining regulatory framework
- Easy access to government officials
- Extensive, detailed and relevant exploration database
- Comprehensive support program to facilitate stakeholder consultation
- First mover advantage has provided access to the best available properties
1Sumitomo Metal Mining Co., Ltd. website.